GREENS is a scientific blend of Nature`s most potent superfoods. Its nutrient density is greater than any other green product available. By combining the powdered juices of the tender green leaves of organic Green Kamut, Barley and Alfalfa with Red Beet Juice powder and Spirulina Blue-Green Algae in an unique process where all the delicate nutrients are preserved, a new standard is created. The inclusion of a special 99% oil free Soy Lecithin provides essential phospholipids, and essential fibre is provided by Apple Fibre and Brown Rice Germ & Bran. Organic Soy Sprouts and Sprouted Barley Malt provides important isoflavones and enzymes, and a special dairy free, temperature stable Probiotic Culture provides Lactobacillus acidophilus for a healthy colon. Royal Jelly and Bee Pollen add energy stimulating properties. Acerola Berry Juice powder provides a natural source of Vitamin C and bioflavonoids. Licorice Root Powder provides potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and Pacific Kelp provides
iodine and essential trace minerals. These sixteen `Superfoods` together provide a synergistic nutrient profile greater than any one of them alone. Many other `green` products claim up to 50 ingredients to create a label impression of being superior, however analysis shows that most of these additional nutrients are added in nutritionally insignificant amounts, thereby reducing the levels of the important nutrients.
Features of GREENS
1. GREENS is the most nutrient dense of any multiple green-food formula, containing more green grass juice powder per gram than any similar green-food formula.
2. GREENS is the only green food formula produced by the actual organic grower and processor of many of the ingredients used. (Green Kamut Corp.) Kamut, alfalfa and barley are planted on 2800 acres of virgin organic farmland* on an ancient volcanic lake bed over 5000 feet high in the mountains of south-eastern Utah. The higher altitude of the farmland and the mineral rich top soil contributes to a significantly higher chlorophyll, vitamin, mineral and protein content. Annual crop rotations and the fact that the crops are mineralized by the seasonal run-off from the surrounding hills assure maximum nutrition in each harvest. The leaves of the young grasses are harvested at the pre-jointing stage, when their nutrient density is at its peak, then rinsed, juiced and dried on site' at only 88 degrees F., to yield a product that retains the live' qualities of the vitamins, minerals and enzymes. This assures the finest product possible with enhanced flavour, solubility and texture.
3. GREENS uses Green Kamut for juice powder. Compared to wheat grass, which is used in many other green-food formulas, Green Kamut is 25% richer in protein, 10% higher in beta carotene, 90% higher in potassium, 148% higher in calcium, 50% higher in iron and possesses 49% higher antioxidant activity. Kamut is also far less allergenic than wheat or wheat grass and is usually tolerated by those with wheat allergies. Green Kamut grass juice powder is also gluten free and is suitable for those on a gluten free diet.
4. GREENS uses the far more costly grass juice powders rather than just the powdered plant. Grass juice powders from the tender green leaves of Kamut, alfalfa and barley are substantially more nutrient dense than just the dried plant, which still contains most of the inert fibre.
5. GREENS is one of the very few green-food formulas packaged in appropriate containers to prevent cross-contamination (Glass and PETE are the only containers suitable to store live foods with enzyme activity). Most green-food formulas are packaged in polyethylene containers that do not protect the enzymes and phytonutrients from degradation. Foods packaged in polyethylene can loose flavour and nutritional potency due to cross-contamination from the plastic container.
6. GREENS features The Friendly Trio, a heat stable probiotic that requires no refrigeration. Most other green formulas use common dairy or soil based probiotics, which lose their viability if not kept under refrigeration. The Friendly Trio is derived from a human strain that has been shown to resist stomach acid when consumed with food and is more adapted to the environment of the human intestinal tract, increasing their likelihood to survive and colonize the human intestinal tract.
7. GREENS does not include standardized herbal extracts in the formula. Most green-food formulas add standardized herbal extracts, often in insignificant amounts, to give the consumer the impression that the formula is better'. Botanical extracts are not foods but are medicines for specific health conditions. Herbal medicines should only be used for a limited period of time to help correct a health condition; they are not recommended for long term use such as in a green-food formula. There is also concern about giving standardized herbal extracts to young children or pregnant women, as their effect, even in the small dosages found in most green-food formulas, could interfere with their hormonal balance. For those who need standardized herbal extracts in therapeutically active amounts.
Add 10 g (2 rounded teaspoons) of GREENS to 250 mL of pure water, juice, soy milk, or rice milk and blend, stir or shake well then drink immediately. Store in a cool, dry place after opening. May be taken 1-3 times daily, best if taken first thing in the morning.
Packaging: Packed in recyclable green PETE containers to provide the best protection for the product against oxidation. Each container contains a small package of silica gel desiccant further degree of protection.
Guaranteed Pure: Contains no animal substances, or added binders, fillers, extenders or other additives.
Information is taken from the Enerex website.
Copyright © 2011 Abaco Health. All rights reserved. #8-3818 Gordon Drive Kelowna, BC